Imagine a festive family vacation on a private barge cruise with your very own crew to handle every detail of activities, meals, and accommodations. The Barge Lady facilitates the arrangements, and everything is ready for you and your family upon your arrival! Sounds good? Then keep reading, as multi-generational groups now have a wonderful option for an all-inclusive, kid-friendly vacation — barge cruises with specific itineraries just for families!
Luciole Adventure Cruise — First Class, 14 guests
On the Canal du Nivernais in Northern Burgundy
Whole boat charters from $57,000 to $66,000
- Watch this video about family-focused activities such as zip-lining, kayaking, go-karting, and scrambling over the ruins of a medieval castle
- Even the most intrepid adventurer might want to sit on deck, relax, and watch gorgeous scenery float by
- Barge owners John and Penny Liley have three boys of their own, and all of them grew up on the barge
Athos Family Fun Cruise — First Class, 10 guests
On the Canal du Midi in Southwest France
Whole boat charters from $42,300 to $47,650
- Kid-friendly activities include horseback riding, swimming, bicycling, a market lunch, and picnicking
- The Athos is supremely comfortable with an informal ambiance, large canopied deck, and nautical décor
- Presented and operated by barge owners, Julian and Dannielle Farrant, who themselves are parents of small children
Shannon Princess Family Cruise — Deluxe, 10 guests
On the Shannon Waterway in Ireland
Whole boat charters from $41,500 to $47,000
- Special activities such as kayaking, horseback riding, and ghost hunting ensure wonderful fun!
- Bicycling and walking along Ireland’s gorgeous inland waterways will keep everybody active
- Enjoy this video about the Shannon Princess which highlights the informal, relaxed atmosphere perfect for creating the most marvelous of memories
Barges accommodate 4 to 24 guests, with four to six in crew that cater to every need. Barge cruise routes meander the postcard-perfect countryside while offering a range of daily excursions appealing to all ages, both cultural and active.
The barge Tour Guide can arrange visits to points of interest along the canal – charming and historical towns, working vineyards, area attractions, and local markets. For those seeking more physical activities, bicycling, swimming, horseback riding and traversing high ropes courses can be all organized.
Family meals offer something for everyone, as the barge Chef can prepare simple fare for the grandchildren, while cooking gourmet Continental Cuisine for the adults, which features local and fresh ingredients, hand selected wine, and sumptuous cheese platters.
Space IS AVAILABLE on all three boats in summer 2016 and 2017!
Contact us for more information, and let us help you and your family make the most marvelous of memories on the inland waterways of Europe!